Today our story was "Goldilocks and the Three Bears". Alyx taught the children a fabulous song about Goldilocks and they loved it.
Jennifer made up a math game based on the little red hen.
Estacia made a board game based on Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
Kylee had the children count the hairs on Goldilock's head.
The children ate their popsicles under the umbrella, and a spontaneous game of Duck Duck Goose and Hot Potato erupted.
Max made "ice cream" for all of the children. It intrigues me that all children seem to just inherently know that when you turn a tricycle upside down and pedal with your hands it becomes an ice cream maker. I did this when I was a child, my parents did this when they were children, and I have spent the past 20 years watching children do it. Why is it an ice cream maker? I don't know, but all children seem to do it.






No comments:
Post a Comment